Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 palette dupe! Amazing !!

Today I'm going to show you swatches and review a new eyeshadow palette that I recently purchased, and even be as brave and call it a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3 palette!




Makeup Revolution London was brought to my attention by Jane on BBB, when she reviewed some of their make up. Instantly I went onto their website and checked out the range they carry.

Prices are certainly enticing as they start at £1! The palette Iconic 3 was £4. And dare I say what a bargain!!


Here is what the palette looks like from the back and in the pans. It is slightly larger than MUA and Sleek palettes, but not by much. The shadow pans are not too narrow so you can still access them easily, even using your fingers. It comes with a sponge applicator, but I don't tend to use these.


Here are the swatches of both palettes. Top row is by Revolution Makeup Iconic 3 and bottom is Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. As you can see the colours are extremely similar if not identical on most of the swatches! This picture has been taken using flash.


This is the natural light picture. As you can see the first eyeshadow Strange is slightly more pigmented than the Revolution one, but the colour is buildable and once on the lid you really can't tell the difference. The other major difference I spotted within the eyeshadows is colour Dust and it's equivalent. In the UD palette the shadow is more glittery and definitely more chalky, the RM one is more shimmery. I certainly prefer the finish of the Iconic 3 shadow!
Last most visible difference is in the shadow Blackheart. In Revolution palette the shade comes off as it has more red sparkle than the Urban Decay one. I suppose what everyone was expecting with the Naked 3 palette is to have more of that red shimmer coming through, and this is what Iconic 3 delivers.

Overall I love the Iconic 3 palette. Most of the shadows are not chalky at all (unlike some UD ones!), they blend well, having worn them for a couple of days (always with my NYX HD primer) I can safely say they don't crease and don't budge. It is certainly a worthy dupe for Naked 3 palette and a bargain as these shadows should be much more expensive for the quality you're getting there. The packaging doesn't look expensive and you can see that, but essentially it's the product that matters here.


I am going to leave you with this last picture. The eye on the left is done using Revolution Makeup Iconic 3 palette and the eye on the right is done using Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I personally prefer the finish on the left, it opens my eye a little bit more and looks more vibrant. I used Dust on the eyelid, Nooner to blend the crease out, Blackheart in the outer v and Strange under my brow bone to tidy up the crease and the equivalent from the RM palette.

Let me know what you think about the palette and if you had a chance to try it out already!




xxx




3 comments:

  1. wow, I also think iconic looks slightly better :)
    can you say something about the longevity of the dupe?
    how did your make up look like, let's say say 8 hours later?
    could you spot the difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've been wearing these shadows for the last few days now and can safely say that on top of a primer (I use NYX HD eyeshadow primer) I haven't observed any creasing or fading! I always use a primer on my eyelids.They look as if I have put it on 20 minutes ago! I normally wear my makeup for 10+ hours and it still looked amazing in the evening, even after a challenging day with a 3,5 year old!

      Delete
    2. thanks. my iconic 2 just arrived. I hope its quality is pretty much the same.

      Delete